Monday, October 2, 2023

Subject: I owe you a lot. Can I get one chance to repay you back?

 Request to accept my book "A Summer of Her Dreams" for publishing.


I still remember reading the big headline in the newspaper before going to college : HOW A BOOK CLUB WENT ON TO FORM THE WORLD'S BIGGEST PUBLISHING COMPANY. As fate would have it, I wanted to join my college's English Club for a very long time but was hesitating to actually become a member because I knew no one there. After reading the article however, I was so inspired by ELC Publishing Co.'s story that I left all my worries behind and signed in for the club membership on the very last day the registrations were going to close. 

That simple act completely changed my life. I met many like minded people who had a deep reverence for the world of literature. I began following my heart's desire to write and started writing stories and essays which were loved by everyone around me. Slowly, I started writing on platforms such as Wattpad, Pinterest and Instagram. Even there, my works were showered with compliments from my readers. It is on their advice indeed, that I am writing this email to you, for they suggested that I expand my writing's reach even further.

Hello there. I am Ajay Mugutrao, a barista by profession and a writer by passion. When I am not serving my customers at my family's ancient cafe you can find me putting pen to paper. A week before, I completed writing my latest novel, 'A Summer of Her Dreams.'

'A Summer of Her Dreams' is a coming-of-age novel based on the life of Ratnaprabha, a young girl of 17. She comes from a conservative family, who hold back her wings preventing her from flying towards her dreams. One day however she gets a chance to escape for a while when her brother invites her to spend her vacation in his home in the United States. Once there, Ratnaprabha's life slowly starts opening up as she reconnects with her old classmate Ruhansh and befriends many of his other friends, especially growing too close to Hayden. She soon discovers many secrets among the friend group that could tear it apart in an instant. While trying to help her new friends, she discovers the reason for her parent's strictness and a letter that puts her in a very big dilemma. Should she accept the boundaries set upon her or decide to challenge them? As she struggles to solve the problems that keep on surfacing one after the other she cannot help but wonder; was the summer of her dreams going to turn into a nightmare?

There are three reasons because of which I approached you with my request:

1.If it wasn't for your inspiring success story, I would have never joined the English club of my college and started writing. I owe you the start of my literary journey and dearly wish you could be a part of it.

2.Your company the ELC Publishing Co. is renowned in publishing books for Indian youth who suffer from the pressure of society's expectations while running on the race to accomplish their dreams. My coming-of-age novel, keeping in line with the same theme, is sure to strike a chord with the Indian youth and create awareness about their problems. I sincerely wish to reduce the dearth of literature the Indian youth really wants to read. The same would help promote Indian culture among the foreign readers.

3.My novel contains some characters who belong to the LGBTQIA+ community. Unfortunately some local and regional publishers still refuse to accept my requests due to this sole reason. I therefore turn to you so that I can give voice and strength to members of the LGBTQIA+ community, dispersed far and wide, with my words.

I have attached below the first chapter of my book so you can better understand my writing style and also attached are my achievements and handles as a proof of my claims, my talent and my love for writing. After many negotiations and terms and conditions, I only have one impending offer in hand from the Jevian Publishing Co. and therefore if you read this email I would be very much obliged if you would reply to me as soon as possible.

Hoping to collaborate with you to nourish the roots of the mighty tree of Literature.

Thanking You.

Yours sincerely,
Ajay Mugutrao.
(Mob No. : 123456891)


Attachment: 1. "Summer of her dreams" 
                    2. Writing handles 
                    3. Literary achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subject: CA Rutvi Niwathe - Interested in Opportunities at Wealth Wizards.

 Respected Sir/Madam, My name is Rutvi Niwathe, and I recently came across an article on LinkedIn outlining the advances your company has ma...